Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Drawings of Flora by Susannah Coleman-Brown

'Camellia Chocolate'
Susannah Coleman-Brown
Coloured Pencil and Pen Drawing on Paper


Welcome to my 'Drawings of Flora' blog.


I'm currently sitting hunched over my desk at half past midnight in Brunswick (Melbourne, Australia) joining the leagues of those who 'blog'. I don't know how I feel about it yet. It's the beginning of another year and it's the month I try and start a bunch of things I normally wouldn't. There's a documentary playing in the background on Bukowski and Tom Waits has just appeared (on TV, not in my lounge room...unfortunately)...Television is vital to my creative process. I spend so much of my time stationary with my coloured pencils and paper-spending hours layering and blending. I love to daydream and slip into other people's dramas. That said, It's always nice to take a tea break in my own reality. Utilising my collection of china teacups of course...!
'Her Purple Daisy'
Susannah Coleman-Brown
Coloured Pencil and Pen Drawing on Watercolour paper

I currently have an exhibition of eight drawings (all framed exquisitely!) displayed in 'Opia...tea,gifts and homewares' (74 Main Road Moonah, Tasmania www.opia74.com). Opening night was January 19th. Great turnout-around 50-60 people throughout the few hours. It's always mildly stressful organising something and experiencing the dreaded "what if nobody comes!" feeling. Which, when expressed to my brother he replied "well, we can just have a party together."

The giclee prints with white matt board surround are selling well. The quality of colour and detail in the prints always strikes me. It feels strange to know they are in other people's homes now.

I feel really strongly about making artwork that is beautiful and affordable.
I have a sale on currently in my online store:

www.drawingsofflora.etsy.com


ALL A4 PRINTS

$9.95US

(plus postage).

Be quick! this sale ends February 7th 2008!



'Moment of Clarity'
Susannah Coleman-Brown
Coloured Pencil and Pen Drawing on Paper







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welkl done Susannah!! Great first blog!! The exhibition is doing well, several people came through yesterday including an old school friend of yours from North Chigwell Primary. A# print sold yesterday too. Adverstisemnet to be placed in the Mercury this week for those who dont know that OPia.. exists and what wonderful things we have in this liitle boutique. Keep u the good work, all the responses to date have been very positive.
Opia...xxxx

Jacqueline said...

yay!! You are in the blogosphere!! WELCOME xoxoxo