Friday, June 20, 2008

New drawings



These are my latest pieces. I'm particularly fond of the pink/orange poppy. I'm not certain on titles at this point. In some ways, I'm trying not to get too attached as soon they will be framed and presented to Bird's Gallery as a big set. The purple/pink dahlia will eventually have a lime green/yellow/white centre. I'm concentrating on building up the dark areas first which seems to be the way I approach most layered petal drawings.
I've been spending most of my time painting the interior of our new house and learning how to be 'handy'. I don't think I'll give up my day job...I far prefer drawing. My new studio is taking shape. I am about to emabark on a huge floor to ceiling storage cupboard with doors-as I don't concentrate well with alot of clutter. I will post photos of the cupboard project soon as well as further photos of the new dahlia!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

well done on your exhibition xx

BWK Art said...

absolutely breathtaking work, as usual! :)