Friday, August 1, 2008

New Drawing Order of newly discovered tropical plant species! and Business, business, business...

It's been a while since my last post. I've been absorbed by my business course and finding things like my 'niche'...and learning about the dirty world of marketing....makes my head swell.
But, it's pretty interesting and my business plan is almost done. It's looking like I'll be hitting huge Trade Fairs twice a year to sell my wares to thousands of retailers looking for stock. As well as exhibiting in galleries and the like. Not to mention regularly selling through my etsy.com store. It's both exciting and terrifying.

Good news, got a drawing order whilst at the printer warehouse! Met a lad there who does treks into the jungle in the Phillipines and he's discovered a new tropical plant. He saw a few of my drawings and wants me to do a Botanical Drawing of this new species. The plant is really crazy-it grows to about the size of a dinner plate...little bit bigger... and it grows on the jungle floor. As it ages-it blackens. I'm really looking forward to doing this project. Renee-(the trekker)wants to sell prints of the drawing.

Check out the plant @: http://www.rafflesialobata.org/
The picture here is not the best quality as it's from a video that was taken, and as you can see, the blackened edges mean it's reaching the end of it's bloom time.

2 comments:

BWK Art said...

Glad to hear you're well. :)
And how excited about that commissioned ordered drawing of the newly discovered plant!!

Susannah Coleman-Brown said...

Yes! It's awesome.Thankyou :)